Monday, June 4, 2012

Titles, Working Titles, Sub Titles, Oy

Finished up my edits to Chapters Six and Seven and got them ready for the editors.  I need to string a few weeks of three chapters together to get on track for a September release.

When I began this project eons ago, I saved my word document using a working title type name, Drums.  I think I've mentioned this, but just in case I will throw it out there again.  It took most of the book before I came up with an actual title for the novel.  I love the name.  I even Googled it to see if the title already existed and found it to be (hopefully) unique.

Now that I have found a way to create the story in a manner that it was intended, I have to come up with a name for the series.  The Chronicles of..., The ... Trilogy (mine probably won't be a trilogy), etc. etc.  This is actually just as difficult as the book title was.  At the moment, I am leaning towards a sub title that reflects the working title.  Of course, I want to be careful that the sub title will apply to the rest of the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment