Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book Next

I actually started the next novel. Like others, this one has been rolling around in my noggin for some time. I believe that I picked a good point of attack. The main character is lying in the field, trapped beneath the body of a fallen comrade, with a broken body and a bruised psyche.

I wanted the opening to leave the reader as lost as the character, yet keep the reader engaged. I believe I pulled this off. I noticed at some point that there was a rhythm to the prose. Not really a poetic type of rhythm, but there was an obvious soundtrack lingering behind the sentences.

I like.

I would post a sample of it, but I am probably overly protective of my work. If it ever makes it in the glued bindings and tossed on a retail shelf, you can see it then.

Of course, I need to complete the first round of edits for the other novel...

No comments:

Post a Comment