Monday, June 6, 2011

Procrastination

Wow!

It has been almost a year since I even looked at this. Of course, it has been a while since my fingers have danced across the keys for anything longer than a brief e-mail. It is really embarrassing. But, enough of that. It is time to get back into the mode. Time to handcuff my muse to the railing and move ahead at break-neck speed.

Why does it take a writer years to write a novel?

Procrastination.

And Squirrels.

I have long since finished the rough draft of my first book. I am in the middle of the first edit (of many, I am sure). I was making decent progress when the squirrels invaded my life.

Just when I had worked up a routine, my job position changed, therefore my work schedule was turned on its head. I haven't set a routine since. Then, to make matters more exciting, my daughter and son-in-law invaded my writing room for a couple of months while they purchased a house. They have since moved into a new home and one would think that my excuses have run dry; not so.

The Princess (my oldest daughter) should be moving back home soon, so my room will not be mine. Again.

It is past time for me to set a routine. The lack of progress is nobody's fault but my own. I have let the squirrels distract me. For months I have said "next weekend".

How many "next weekends" have you squandered?

Nobody else is going to finish your book. Nobody else can finish your thoughts. Screw next weekend. The time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment