Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm Back



Yes, I have been away for a while.  I needed to step back and give this whole blog thing some thought.  I also stepped away from social media for a bit.

Why?

Negativity.

It was one of those moments where I stepped backed and asked:  “Wow, dude, is this really who I am?”  No, not really.  I’m really not a social type person, but I am also not as negative as I sometimes come across.  Unfortunately, for me, when I spew out a blog post, the contents have a negative feel in a lot of cases.  I don’t much care for the perception it conveys.

But then, there are still things I just need to get off my chest.

This issue really seemed to take root when I noticed some of the feeds on my personal Facebook page actually turned me away from the authors of the posts.  I mean, who wants to purchase an item or service from someone whose posts are primarily complaints?  Those negative feeling posts led me to question who would buy my books, when I was doing close to the same thing.  Maybe not to the same extent, but darn near.

That’s when I stepped back and evaluated the purpose of this blog.  The Stray Scribe was brought into existence as a piece of my “Writer’s Platform”.  One of those annoying terms that basically means, I’m trying to get my name out there into the big wide world.  Through this blog, I wanted to show the journey of a budding writer.  

After looking back, I think I’ve done a fairly decent job of it.  On top of that, I hadn’t whined as much as I thought I had.  I was simply being hyper-sensitive due to outside influences.  I hope.

Anywho, I’m back.  I will continue to ramble nonsense, and maybe even throw in a gem you might agree with from time to time.

In other, more important, news; Requiter is available.
I’m still waiting for Barnes and Noble to put it out, but I strongly encourage you to purchase a copy for your Nook from Smashwords.  Mark Coker continues to be an awesome advocate for the Indie world, and has earned every penny he makes from book sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment